По всем вопросам
обращайтесь: ул. Советская, 18, корпус 2,
каб. 211, 212
Телефон (+375 17) 327-75-46, (+375 17) 200-95-61
Our contacts: 220030, Belarus, Minsk, 18 Savetskaya St., building 2, room 211
Telephone: +375 (17) 327-75-46
Head – Dr. OLGA SHYMANSKAYA, Cand. Sc. (Philology), Associate Professor
The Department of Foreign Languages provides teaching 7 foreign languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, and Latin) at 9 faculties and 2 institutes of the Belarusian State Pedagogical University (graduate and post-graduate programs).
It takes an interdisciplinary approach in its pursuit of conducting educational and translational research-informed professional development with the goal of improving teaching and learning in Belarus and beyond.
The objectives of the Department are:
- ensuring sustainable development of the department;
- ensuring high quality training for students to gain a firm grounding in foreign languages and develop their language competencies;
- methodological support of teaching foreign languages for specific purposes (study guides, workshops, electronic dictionaries, training manuals, etc.);
- implementation of the computer assisted language learning and teaching in the academic process;
- organization of conferences, seminars, web-conferences on TFLs;
- supervising students’ academic research to develop their professional interests and horizons;
- cooperating with schools to provide career guidance and facilitate practical aspect of future teachers’ education.
Full-time Department staff:
42 staff members, of which: 1 Doctor of Sciences, 8 Doctoral Candidates